Welcome To The Summer Village
History Of Lakeview Summer Village
Lakeview is a summer village in central Alberta located on the North shore of Wabamun Lake. It is located within Parkland County and was established on December 31, 1913 through the severance of lands from the Village of Wabamun. ‘Wabamun’ is the Cree word for mirror – It’s an apt name for the large, shallow, calm lake situated 60 kilometers west of Edmonton. For generations, people living in Alberta have enjoyed Wabamun Lake’s natural beaches, beautiful wilderness and recreational opportunities. Lakeview Summer Village attracts people for opportunities to go boating, sailing, swimming, wakeboarding and water skiing.
In the 2011 Census, the Summer Village of Lakeview had a population of 26 living in 13 of its 36 total dwellings, a -27.8% change from its 2006 population of 36. With a land area of 0.33 km2 (0.13 sq mi), it had a population density of 78.8/km2 (204.1/sq mi) in 2011.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Summer Village of Lakeview recorded a population of 30 living in 13 of its 23 total private dwellings, a 15.4% change from its 2011 population of 26. With a land area of 0.35 km2 (0.14 sq mi), it had a population density of 85.7/km2 (222.0/sq mi) in 2016.
Wabamun Lake Provincial Park
Wabamun Lake Provincial Park is just a short distance away from The Summer Village of Lakeview. With many activities for the whole family there is always a way to please every family member.
The following activities are available in the park:
- Baseball and soccer
- Beach activities (swimming, water-skiing and windsurfing)
- Birdwatching (hooded merganser, bald eagle, mallard, gull, tern, rail, heron, loon, kingfisher, sandpiper, nesting osprey, red-necked grebe, western grebe, raven, gray jay, great grey owl)
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Fishing (stickleback, burbot, Iowa darter, lake whitefish, northern pike, shiner, walleye, white sucker, yellow perch)
- Front country hiking (with boardwalks in day use area)
- Power boating and sailing